Edmond Generator Services
Regularly scheduled maintenance by Gary's Electric Service is one of the most important steps that you can take to help ensure a long life for your generator.
Our Annual Tune-Up service includes the following:
- Replacement Generac Air Filter (replace annually)
- Pre-cleaner for the air filter (replace annually)
- Generac Oil filter
- 2 – Spark plugs - gapped as specified by Generac.
- 2 – Quarts of Briggs & Stratton Synthetic Oil 5-30, specially formulated for air-cooled engines, your generator will hold approximately 1.7 quarts with a new oil filter.
Work performed under or maintenance package:
- Run the generator for about 10 minutes to thoroughly to insure proper performance.
- Remove existing oil from generator and properly dispose of.
- Remove old oil filter and replace it with a new filter.
- Add 5W30 Fully Synthetic Oil - Briggs & Stratton or equivalent.
- Replace the air filter, remove any debris in the air box and make sure that the top of the air box fits securely and locks in place.
- Check the air intake passages to ensure that they are free of obstruction.
- Check the battery terminals to ensure that they are tight and free of corrosion. Adjust battery fluid levels if applicable.
- Run the generator for about 5 minutes to circulate the new oil in the engine and new oil filter, then check for oil leaks and the correct oil level. Adjust as necessary.
- Dispose of all waste oil properly.
- Remove and replace existing spark plugs.
- Perform power outage test and insure generator transfers and runs properly.
- Test all voltage.
Regular service is your best assurance of peak performance on demand.
Any generator is a sophisticated piece of machinery. Hundreds of electrical and mechanical parts have to work together for it to function properly. Fortunately our factory trained technicians know generators inside and out. They know the importance of regular maintenance and you should too.